...in the next few days for the summer.
We all know how judgmental people can be in general...if you don't fall within the realm of what THEY think, then there must be something wrong with you. I am being placed in an untenable position that I simply cannot keep to myself anymore...Many of you might know that I am an elected representative in one of my performing unions. I feel I've done a lot of good work for others here in the Midwest and I value the opportunity to do so. In recent days, I have received e-mail from folks I know -- folks who really do know better, but who are ignoring the hypocrisy -- who think that my blog here is a detriment to my re-election...as one 'friend' put it "Nobody wants to vote for someone engaged in pornography."
Again I say....WHAT???
I've kept this to myself because, frankly, it's no one else's business. But I am being forced to compromise to continue doing something I value. And it is killing me; it goes against every fiber inside me. I have lots of friends that I hope will keep in touch with me in some way. I'll be more articulate on what is happening here if you do so.
So by the end of the week, my blog will be private, and I won't be talking through it for a while. I'll still go visit you, if you want me there. But I simply cannot jeopardize work that I have done all my life because of a few people who remain so staunchly conservative in their judgments. The problem with a conservative approach to life comes with the lack of recognizing those three little words: freedom of choice. If I have shared anything with you that I hope you'll hold close, it's that.
I'll be back. Probably around Labor Day. If you want to keep in touch with me, grab my address off my profile.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
I'm sorry you are having to go through this, Ron.
You have my e-mail address, and I have yours. I expect you to use them. :)
If you're going private, surely you can still post for those who have the password to get in?
Fex...thank you, honey.
Cake...Yes, I can, but I think it best to simply put it away for a while.
I check in on you daily. You will be missed. Hope you come back soon!
Oh sweetie, I'm sorry this has happened to you! Fear of the very same thing (well, almost)is the reason that I turned on the content warning page on my blog. I figure if they reach that point and then go ahead, they've been warned and have no right to say a word to me.
I'm subscribed so I'll know when you come back...
XOXO ~ LM
Cate -- I'll still be around, honey...just not on my blog.
Distracted -- Don't worry, I will.
Lustus -- People will never change. We need to push them to do so. I'll be around, I promise.
That's a shame mate. This is one reason why Vi is gone. I've learnt to keep my mouth shut now. Keep in touch.
Oh,hun ~ I'm so sorry to hear this!
Dammit! This is why I really dislike 99% of people.
After 07/04, I'm going to have more free time. We'll definitely talk. In the meantime, we know how to contact each other.
Gods!!! Crap like this just pisses me straight off!
An example of things to hate about the Midwest. I can say that (born and raised). Though in truth that could probably happen everywhere.
Ron, sorry about this. Post as long as you want in my comments, sugar ;-) K
Yet another thing that's just plain fucked up!
Please let me know where you go. I'd appreciate it.
Vi -- I found you anyway, my dear, so my own fix with you is still being satisfied...:)
Nitebyrd -- There will always be this element out in life. Compromise is fine, as long as it's for a good reason...But I'm with you -- this really sucks.
K -- A temporary thing. You gotta deal the best way you can with what is dealt. You BET I'll come see you, don't you worry.
Dog -- Oh, I'm staying here, bud. Just have to watch my back until all this is gone. It's a damned shame, but it's my own reality at present. We'll see each other out here.
Fly low and avoid the radar. Then when the prudes have gone off to hassle another real man you can come right back here and show us how it's supposed to be done.
This just gives us more time to play behind closed doors lover.
XX
A.Secret -- Especially with the quality of YOUR pussy...:)
Good luck and I look forward to your return! Please keep writing and stoppping by.
Ron, here's the new me. Well, the same me just feeling less sorry for myself ;-) K
Ron I am sorry this is happening to you just when you had come out the other side of the dark days of the autumn and winter.
You know you can talk to me any time. You will be sorely mised here.
if you go private can I have an invite?
and I'm still around for that call!
bbx
didn't read that properly... come back soon your words here are just so good.
but we still have other ways, so that will keep me going.
x
Rats!! (I'm being polite.) You have a very special voice and your absence will be noticeable.
On the other hand, it would seem to be for a good ultimate end. (I was brought up that you NEVER cross a picket line.) I hope you do some good work with the union.
Come back as soon as you can.
Oh for crying out loud... people are so fucking stupid sometimes!
Post a Comment