sex forums Torchlight: What Makes You Tick?

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Makes You Tick?

A hot new friend, heelsnstocking, dropped me a note and asked this question. Go read her...she is nothing but FUN and more!
_________________

What makes me tick? So many things. What a great question. Okay, here we go...In no real order, but just as they come to mind.

Creativity. People who have it, who own it, who utilize it in their daily lives. I personally feel quite an affinity for those who have the ability to weave and build and make something, whether tangible or esoteric, and have something to say. Like to think I have that in me to offer the world.

Physicality. I need to touch. I do it every day with the people in my life. It's an energy for me that I can't easily explain, but it is real and powerful. I shake a hand. I pat a back. I stroke an arm. I offer myself in the same way. To touch means that I am IN touch with the world around me as well as with who I am as a man.

Risk. I've said in my blog ad nauseum that we all need to take chances in life in order to grow. And we find that growth in the results of taking the risk. How a person can sit quietly at the table with a pat hand without throwing a little in the kitty is beyond me. Yes, at this point in my life, I have a few limitations, both physically and emotionally, that I have to take time to work through. But the desire to continue the search, to push the envelope, well, that will always be in me. And I crave those people in life to surround me.

Passion. How one can live in life without the passion to be bold, to search, to learn new things is anathema to me. And yes, pursuing my passions has cost me some. Got my first job as an actor in 1970 at 15. Forty years later (something that I'm very proud of and is almost unheard of in my business), I"m still strong and energetic and vital and wanting so many things. When I find those things that satisfy the passions I have, I work hard to cultivate them. It will always be a part of who I am. I plan on having sex in some form right up to the day I die...which is another forty years that I'm aiming for at the very least.

Openness/Intimacy. There is nothing more satisfying in life than finding true intimacy with a kindred soul. I believe that we gravitate to those folks, that we all find each other eventually...the trick is in recognizing who they are. And when I mention intimacy, I speak of much more than just sex, just as I believe that real openness between people is more than just fucking who we choose. Real intimacy is both a truly one-on-one experience between two people AND an all-encompassing attitude of what touches you and how you need to keep yourself truly open to achieve such a thing. For me, they are one and the same. I know for a fact that there are very few people with my attitudes. Yet I have been able, in some way, to arrive at such an understanding with many folks in our blogging sphere, for instance, and most of them I will never physically meet. You are now one of those people that I want to find that feeling with...and we all need it in some way.

Friendship. Maybe this most of all, Scarecrow...lol.. You know, I've never really had a best friend. There is no one in my life that I have ever had the privilege of sharing all my secrets with. Instead, I'm like a bartender with the desire to invest in the people who arrive in my life. Just as I touch, I also need the emotional and spiritual interplay. That again entails take chances with people. And yes, even in friendship, we make our mistakes and get our hearts affected. But the rewards of taking those chances with people, by allowing ourselves to be vulnerable, are endless.

How's that? Oh, yes....and my sexual appetite is wide and varied like yours, heels. Ever been flogged yet?....

Smile...

2 comments:

heelsnstocking said...

Thanks the compliment! Hot and fun are a good reputation to have! - loved the reply and it confirms my gut instinct about you is correct. You are sexy, sincere and have such a way that makes me feel at ease with you. Fancy flogging me? Lol Xx

Fire Byrd said...

You rock Ron, and you know if it wasn't that ocean I'd me getting to know you.
x