I have lots on my mind...
Sometimes the world makes no sense, you know? The things we see and hear about, the effects they have on us, our reactions to them. A lot has happened since I took my blog away for a while in these last four months. As time passes, I'll be more than happy to comment...as I say, I have lots on my mind. I have folks out here in the cosmos that I deeply admire, with whom I want to share so much. And yes, I will do so as they inspire me. But for most of you, I am a new entity. So let me offer up some food for thought....
This is, always has been and always will be, a blog of renaissance. Nothing is forbidden from discussion, all things can and should be shared. My interests are so wide -- history, relationships, sports, music, film, sex, women, family, writing, you name it, I can and want to share it with you all. I am an actor/writer/singer here in the Chicago area, and I am very proud to say that I am one of those very lucky people who has been able (at some cost, of course, but that's the nature of the beast) to pursue my career for nearly 38 years. I am 53 years old -- I am energetic and creative and vital and passionate and still looking every damned day for all you folks who get me, who understand that a free spirit can be disciplined and constructive and still remain as open and uninhibited as ever. I have made many friends in my blogging experience and I will add to the rolls as often as I can. I live my own life on the creative impulse, and with extreme passion and forward thinking. I have been counsel and friend. I have been sex partner and voyeur and exhibitionist and lots of other things to all out here. And I enjoy it very much.
You will see that renaissance attitude all through my writing. I will share with you the progress in my acting and singing gigs...Yes, I'm working now, thank God or whatever it is...I want to drag you all along with me. I will offer some of my own creative writing (I'm a playwright as well) and some of my most intimate thoughts. I have a keen interest in American history, and I'll do my best to share it in an interesting way. I might even post here some of my own jazz singing -- I do that around the city on occasion. I want to start up my Harem again...for those of you who don't know, just keep reading...the Harem is my own practice in erotic writing where I ask the folks out here if they might like to be, well, ravished in my mind in some way, whether by me or by a situation...it's been quite enjoyable, and yes, I have one ready to write. Read it...if you like it and you want some, just say so...
Most of all, I want all of you -- men, women, couples, groups, teachers, professionals, families and so on -- to remember that we all have to find a way to take care of each other in this world. I do my best to practice that by offering up at least one good deed for someone on a daily basis. We owe that to each other by simply practicing that simple rule - love your neighbor. I love you all. I want this blog to be a kind of beacon of friendship and openness and nobility of thought and respect for all. Hence, the reference to "Torchlight" (which is the title of a song in a musical I'm working on right now as the book writer/lyricist). To me, it means more than just a fancy word. As we get to know each other, as we reaffirm our friendships, you will hopefully recognize my intent.
One last thought...my e-mail is open to any and all of you. I treasure the personal responses and I write back as soon as I can. I own an arms-wide-open view of my life. Sometimes it gets me into trouble. Most of the time, it allows for the creation of an eloquent, encompassing and meaningful bill of fare. I dearly hope that you all are well. I invite you to read every day, as I will continue to find you. One year ago, from a very deep personal pit in my life on January 21, I began blogging. I've learned a lot and I've shared a lot. I raise my glass to thank you and toast you...May it all continue.
And yes...the light is on, my friend. Always.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
glad you are back....my friend....yes, i get you....as you get me! xoxo
so glad you are back Ron xx
welcome back hon, it's lovely to see you here again... can't wait for you to get going with all you have to say.
hugs and love
pxx
I'm so happy that you're back, Ron!
:-*
So glad you're back. You were meant to blog.
Welcome Back Mr x It seems that we both share an interesting anniversary on 21st January :)
:) FINALLY! :)
DP -- I'll get you one of these days...:)
Lady -- And I will continue to follow you, too, honey.
Pixie -- You're one of my own favorites!
Nitebyrd -- We have so MUCH to talk about, don't we?
Red -- You hot little number...you want me as badly as I want you, don't you?.....:)
Cake! Happy to see you here as always!
Plethora -- No holds barred here, remember. Anything on your mind can be talked about here. Or on e-mail. I appreciate you very much.
Spread the word, friends...I love to share time with so many of you!
It is about ding dang time! The blog world is a happier place now!
Welcome back Daddyo!
XX
Post a Comment