I'm here in a familiar coffeeshop this morning, looking around at the cold. Right now, here in the upper Midwest, that's what it is...the cold, plain and simple. I did my best in trying to find work in the theatre in a warmer place this year -- last winter was the one that did me in. But alas, no luck. So now I'm in the place I was in last year -- auditioning, hustling, look to stay alert and alive for the next couple of months until the steadfast and constant hand of winter will let go.
My birthday is July 1. So I always use New Year's Day as a kind of gauge to see where I've been in the last six months...and to look ahead to the next six months. Generally I like to take someone to dinner and share all of this. It's one of the few times I make it all about me.
This year, I don't have a dinner partner yet. Who wants to join me?
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I would love to be able to be there.
If I could I would join you in a second friend ;)
The New Year always makes me reflective too...
XX
I feel for your shortage of options for work - coming from one who's just been there. I hope the coming season is much better for you.
What about a virtual dinner? It's the best I got :-)
Plan the blogmeet for that day and you can have dinner with all of us!
I'm in Chicago - I'll join you!
Post a Comment