Yesterday I'm on my way to an audition downtown. I left home early because of the snow, and I was on the Green Line train.
There was a young man with his headphones on, listening to LL Cool J...yes, I knew the cut...He had it cranked up as high in his ears as it would go, and it brought no peace to the folks around him. Across the aisle, there was a mom and her young son; he was probably 3-4 years old.
All of a sudden, he jumps out of his seat next to his mother and runs to the music man with the headphones. He pats him on the knees. The young man looked down and the kid says loudly for everyone to hear, I kid you not:
"TURN THAT FUCKING THING DOWN!!!"
Once it was apparent what he said, EVERYONE started laughing. The young man look at the mom, stupified. Mom grabbed her son and pulled him back to the seat. The young man look at her and shouted "What the fuck is that???"
A man up the aisle said with a chuckle in his voice "You heard him. Turn that fucking thing down!" Again everyone started laughing. The young man grabbed his belongings and moved swiftly to the other end of the train car.
Out of the mouths of babes...
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm impressed you knew it was LL ;) I almost had a moment like that myself yesterday - I wanted to walk up to the guy, pull the headphones out of his ears and ask if he was deaf. People are so inconsiderate these days. I am also anti-cell phone on the bus. I don't need to listen to anyone go on for an hour and twenty minutes about anything.
OMG! That is the funniest thing EVER! For some reason, young children always seem to pick up the absolute worst words and know exactly how to use them! They can't say, "please" but "FUCK", comes out clear as a bell.
That's the best laugh I've had in days! Thanks for sharing.
I wonder if the mother was horrified? LOL! Great share. I love hearing of these random things that happen with my blogger friends...
Fabulous! Dont you just love 'em. Altho I bet that kid got a big shout when he got home :)
holy shit that made me laugh. i would be absolutely mortified if one of my children said that, but amen on a train. that's funny
reminds me of the time I was confronted by the mother of two boys from the next street demanding that I punish my son for calling her's a wanker. He had gone home and asked what it meant.
I asked which of my sons had said it so she asked her son............it turned out to be my youngest who was about 2 or 3 at the time......his elder brothers had thought it was funny to teach him rude words.
As it was everyone around burst out laughing. However none of them have dared say it in front of me again.
GAWD I love this!
It is usually my "cute little me" persona putting on her best smile that asks oh so politely for someone to turn down/off their music but I back it up with that "mother" look in my eye and sometimes a wink. That works too.
I think I like this better. :)
Post a Comment