sex forums Torchlight: "But he was perfect..."

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"But he was perfect..."

A friend shared her breakup with me recently. Talked about what she had invested, how he taught her sexually, what plans they had made, and so on. Then she discovered the dreaded "pussy on the side", and that was that.

You all know how I feel about such things. If you are truly open and communicative and want such a relationship, you learn to TRUST. With your words and your deeds.

But then I found myself saying this:

"Even perfection has its flaws. The one thing you can't do is achieve it. Even if you have very deep religious beliefs..." -- which I don't -- "...it's always on 'His' terms. And why do you have a brain?"

Wow...I didn't know I had that in me.

6 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

I dont think there is such a thing as the perfect relationship. If it's long distance, you miss them. If they're there all the time, you become complacent and all the mundane things get in the way.

But maybe a perfect relationship is one where you can snap at each other and it's all forgotten when you snuggle up together?

There is no excuse for secret totty. If one person cannot satisfy all your needs, then they need to know that.

Anonymous said...

Communication is key...especially so in relationships out here where there is so much risk and vulnerability. Play fair and play straight!!!

Good for you being upfront and direct with your heart here!!!

xx

Anonymous said...

Nothing is perfect, but "pussy on the side" has nothing to do with that. Trusting and loayalty are exclusive of perfection, don't you think?

www.snafuliving.blogspot.com

Ronjazz said...

Cake -- ...and allow you to find those to satisfy them as well. It's called trust.

SG -- Thank you, honey. We ALL need to be this way...:)

Snafugirl -- Absolutely agreed. That was the message I shared with her.

Kimberly said...

This is brilliant!

heelsnstocking said...

rings so true with me at the moment x