It may be just me and what I like sexually, what I'm attracted to. But an interesting phenomenon has arisen that I want to get your opinion on, friends.
I cannot find partners or friends to enjoy my sexual peccadillos with who are anywhere near my own age. Most of you know that I'm 55, with an energy that is younger and thirsty. Always been that way, always will. Now...Why is it that I simply do not locate those women/couples who are within, say, 5-10 years my own age, in either direction? I enjoy people of any age, let me offer that. But to know that there are those who understand my own frame of reference in life...who remember and are informed on some of those events that happened 'back then', so to speak...who have a similar energy and hunger to continue exploring and growing, both sexually and not...well, they just aren't around.
And I've discovered that if I do offer myself, even in a friendship way, to those who are younger, I get some 'judgment' in doing so. I just find all this an interesting, albeit frustrating, thing to experience.
Any of you understand what I mean? Anyone take people for who they are and wonder? Would love some feedback here.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
well you know my opinion x Id take you any day
I can't speak from experience because I'm not out there looking for anyone regardless of age. But I do know that there is a very age-cliquish feel to North American attitudes on sex and/or friendships. Too great of an age gap always seems to go hand in hand with some sort of explanation. This does exist elsewhere, for sure, but I find Western European countries seem to be a little more free and liberal with the idea of age gaps between friends and/or lovers.
To me, it's clearly a cultural thing.
The half your age plus seven rule means you should be banging 35 year olds. Go, tiger, go!
I have never understood the emphasis placed on age either. I find many types of people of many ages attractive, and I cannot see turning someone down because of a number, or a taboo associated with a number. If two people connect, the rest doesn't matter.
I just wish there was more of this attitude out there for all to see and enjoy.
Post a Comment