Had a long business trip in the last two days...driving about 500 miles or so, and then getting back in time to do my play this evening...which got rained out.
Tell me something. Any of you out here...I've never really found the answer, for all my supposed wisdom, and I'd appreciate some fresh perspective, in lieu of fresh fucking...:)
How do you keep from feeling lonely?
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
ohh baby, we all feel it some and there is no quick-fix, or easy solution.
For me...physical exercise (even when I detest it) helps me release serotonin and "feel" better, keep things in balance.
Love you.
Serve another (you do a lot of that here in the blog...but you know what i mean, roll up those sleeves and get dirty.)
Then...see what comes. there will still be those icky days but perhaps a better balance than where you are now.
xoxo
Like sg said, there is no quick fix. When I feel like that I curl up with a good book and some hot chocolate (wine depending on my mood) or perhaps a favourite movie - something to take my mind away from the loneliness. If that's not enough, I go out with friends, even if I don't want to. Forcing myself not to wallow too much in that feeling of loneliness - I know it far too well.
aurore...
baby you are right, NO WALLOWING ALLOWED!!!
The girls are right, definitely no easy fix to it.
I tend to call up a friend or do something nice for myself. Read a book, write a story, play a game.
Hope things look up for you. *hugs*
I wish I had an answer to that one. There are days when I've been in verbal contact with the lusts/loves in my life and still feel the clouds rolling in over my day. I take a nap or write some things down. That is about all that helps.
I've had long road trips like that (Boston to San Antonio, alone, stay for 9 weeks then drive back, alone). Music helps me, a lot. God bless the inventor of the iPod!!!
Thanks, all. Much of this I do incorporate into life. Just a bad day, I guess. I'm still strong and searching and all those other words. It is nice, however, to know that someone might still be listening a bit...
I guess the question is, what are you lonely for?
Sex?
companionship?
conversation?
what?
lonely..
I like to be alone..
most of the time..
have to think on this one
Sorrow, honey...don't forget the difference between being alone and feeling lonely... the latter has been my problem of late. And yes, I could use a bit of all on your list.
I think loneliness comes mostly from not having someone to listen and share our life with - even if just someone we can talk with about our day. To know someone noticed, and someone cares. My solution is friends/family/God - fortunately for me, family are supportive - but good friends are hard to find, I feel - while God is hard to feel, even though he's always around. Blog friendships help - and it looks like you've a lot of that :- )
Get real here Ron, there is nothing that will make the lonelieness go away when it's got you. You just have to ride the storm till something comes along to distract you for a while.
But you know that, and you also know that when your involved in doing something it doesn't hurt as much.
Course it would help to have that special someone to share with, but until that happens distraction is what you need.... so that's why I cleaned my bloody windows yesterday!!!!
big hugs babe
xx
I don't.
Loneliness can be a profoundly creative state. There are a lot of good ideas there.
Puttering is good. My house is clean and my work is in excellent order when I'm lonely or bored.
And once everything's tidy and you've hooked a few good notions, there's always porn. Thank god for the interwebs.
Post a Comment